Here are some great reasons why we have added pansy to our Autumn Beefood, and why you should add them to your garden:
- They are beautiful making your garden a visual gem, especially as they can bloom in winter when everything is usually dry and barren.
- The flowers are bright and come in various colours which attracts beneficial insects to your garden such as pollinating bees 🙂
- They can grow through any season and are a great food source for bees in winter when food is scarce for them.
- They are edible and go great in salads, puddings and cake decorating.
- They have a beautiful fragrance which is said to be perfume-like and the most potent scent belongs to the blue or yellow pansy flowers.